St. John Catholic School
15 So. Garand St.
Winslow ME 04901-7018
Tel: (207) 872-7115
Fax: (207) 872-2500
Protecting our Children
We are honored when parents entrust their children to us, and we take our responsibilities very seriously. Our administrators and staff at St. John Regional Catholic School are committed to maintaining a safe environment for our children to learn.
- All clergy, employees and volunteers undergo a criminal background check, a Department of Human Services background check and a Motor Vehicle check.
- All clergy, employees and volunteers must attend a three hour workshop entitled Protecting God's Children. This workshop educates adults on how to recognize the warning signs that might indicate that a child is being abused. The program also addresses how predators behave and lay the groundwork for the abuse of a minor.
- Once a year parents and children are asked to participate in a program entitled Think First/Stay Safe. This program is age appropriate, and educates on how sexual predators behave and how children can best protect themselves.
- Our building is secure during the day and we have a detailed procedure for the picking up of children after school.
- An emergency plan is in place and the staff is aware of their responsibilities.
If you have any questions about the Think First/Stay Safe Prevention program, please contact the administrator.